Wednesday, December 07, 2005

282: The Mysterious Injury Continues

Last night Emily had to literally call a doctor, get me a prescription, go the CVS and get it for me. Such are the duties of a devoted wife. I literally had to be medicated because I was in constant (and I must say, quite annoying) pain. It wasn't like the "ow ow" kind, or even the 'scream till you get a shot of morphine' kind, more like, there was no way to sit, move or stand or lie down that wasn't painful, but you couldn't stay upright because you were so uncomfortable. Ultimately, you find the least uncomfortable way to be and just try and take a break. With a lot of medication, I went to sleep, but it was fitful, and Emily said I was moaning much of the night. When I awoke, it started all over again, so I figured I wouldn't go to work. Luckily, Ruby didn't have school (one of five million professional days) so I didn't have to get her ready for school or drive her. I tried to see my doctor (my PT told me to call my doctor right away) but she couldn't see me until the next day. Loading up on Aleve, I figured I'd go to work, since being at home with the kids was just an invitation to reaggrivate anything that might be calming down. The whole 'off your routine' thing is an invitation to eat twice your weight in nuts, which is a basic approximate of what happened.

breakfast
2 slices ezekial bread
peanut butter
tea
cheese

extended lunch:
salami/cheese
ham cheese rollmops
1 heart romaine

snack
almonds/cashews
plus two big helpings of cashews at work
8 dried apricots
1 medium dunkin donuts coffee (half decaf)

dinner
greek salad with grilled chicken
fruit2O

I thought I would just eat some snacks at home and then go to work and come home and have dinner, but my need to take constant breaks from the computer sent me to my leftovers which I finished, and then to the extra nuts that came as a gift. I also discovered fruit2o (which doesn't look right when I type it). It's actually quite good, though I can't for the life of me figure who would drink it an why, as it is simply filtered water with Splenda-fruit flavoring in it. It has some kind of sugars, but not enough to be listed under 'sugars' on the label. It has no calories and no carbohydrates (though I think like almost all diet foods, it's high in sodium). Again, I'm not sure why anyone would want to drink water with Splenda, but I happened to enjoy it—and coincidentally, Emily bought some to help re-hydrate during breast-feeding but she didn't like it so it just sat on our shelf for ages. The shoulder thing started to feel better by evening, but then sleeping was still impossible.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Sorry to hear your still not feeling well. Hope you got to the doctor. Hope you're on the mend. Love, MOM