Thursday, December 01, 2005

Day 276: Rain on my (Walking) Parade

Another torrential downpour and another day where I cannot go for a walk, despite the un-winterly temperatures of 59 degrees. It would not have mattered much since the days have been so busy that finding the time for a walk might have been impossible.

Breakfast
Two Slices Multi-Grain Bread (Balthazar)
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
65 Pistachios
6 oz lite yogurt Yoplait

Lunch
Grilled Mahi-Mahi
Mesclun Greens
Diet Pepsi

Dinner
90% Hamburger
Onions, Cabbage
Broccoli, PIckles

As November is ending, I must go back to get weighed. I continue to struggle with this activity every time I consider it. I want to skip it, but I must go. I feel sorry for people who live with a scale in their house and feel tempted to get on it every day. I am glad that I have limited my exposure to this once a month, but it still feels like a lot. As always, I am afraid I have gained weight and despite my twin tennis outings, and feeling like something of a winter sloth. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You didn't know it but I'm one of those poor souls that live with a scale in the house....a Detecto at that. But the numbers are not as important as your new life style which is excellent. Exercise and thinking about what you eat are such valuable additions to your life. Love, MOM

PS Tell me about word verification. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert: Marcia read me an article---just today---reporting that people who weighed themselves daily had more success keeping weight off than those who did not. I don't know the make-up of the groups. Probably some mascara, some sort of foundation, and eye-liner...

Ruby no doubt couldn't sleep because she just found out who the president is.

d/