Saturday, December 10, 2005

Day 285: Snowed In

Though the weather persons have proven over and over again that they can't really predict the weather, today was of special note since nearly every forecast the previous night had a different take on the storm. As it happened, it turned out to be quite a significant storm, dumping about 6 inches on the ground. I prefer to have a few 'warm up' storms of less than an inch, just to get started. I thought I would get Ruby off to school (the last report I saw said two inches turning into rain) but when I got up her school was cancelled. So I thought, I 'll just wait till Emily and the baby are up and I'll split, but by the time they were up the storm was in full swing. I opted to stay home.

Breakfast
2 Slices of Ezekial 4:9
Peanut Butter
3 oz. Cheddar Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
60% Cameo Apple
1 6 oz Yoplait yogurt

Lunch
Chicken Breast a la Em
Sauteed Red, Orange and Yellow Peppers
Peppadews
Pickles

Dinner
3 Strips Turkey Bacon
Cheese Omelet
Fruit20

The worst thing about 'working from home' is that you have to pass the kitchen nearly every five minutes of the day, not to mention whatever you're involved with feeding the baby. Of course when you can't get out of the house, you do end up "eating what's in the house," which we did, culminating in the old eggs and bacon dinner. It was good the next day was 40 degrees because the cupboards were pretty bare.

No comments: