Sunday, December 18, 2005

Day 293: Le Jour Ensuite

If you're reading this, and you don't have any hobbies in your life that you love, then you certainly won't understand how hard it is to leave a card game, even when you know it's irresponsibly late at night. I was just reading a remembrance by a photographer who was assigned to shoot John and Yoko in the last month of his life. He missed his deadline because John and Yoko wanted to hang around and talk. Yes, he missed his deadline, but he KNEW his deadline, he just wasn't going to force John and Yoko out of his house so he could get the pix his probably crabby (and jealous) boss. So it's hard to leave, and even harder to get up. Everyone at the game has kids, but I can tell that when my kids can drive (aka "they don't need me") it will be much easier. Of course, by then I won't be able to stay up that late because I'll be use to going to bed at 10PM.

Breakfast
1 Cup Ezekial Cereal
with some Crispy Wheats thrown in
1 Cup Soy Milk

Lunch
6 Oz Yogurt Yoplait Light Banana Strawberry
Almonds/Cashews
1/4 Dried Fruit cut up
Coffee with Soy Milk

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
1 oz. Cracker Barrel Cheese Stick

Dinner
Steak Tips
Leeks

The day after is always somewhat of a blur, and I try not to engage in too much bleary-eyed eating. Getting through the day requires a lot of caffeine, even if I am allowed to fall asleep again when Emily gets up (and I am very grateful for that). We actually took a family trip into our old neighborhood of Brookline, and boy has it changed. If I hadn't been so tired, I could have gotten tearily-nostalgic, and if you want to talk about what makes you reach for the box of chocolates....

1 comment:

Mom said...

For the record...at the major bridge tournaments they have morning, afternoon and evening games and then if you haven't had enough there is something called the "midnight swiss." No this isn't a sandwich it another way to play bridge as a team of four. Addiction....love of the game? I'm not sure. Love, MOM