Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Day Two

I weigh 226 lbs. At least that's what I weighed (wearing REALLY HEAVY clothes) at the Doctor's last week. My goal is to lose 30 lbs by my birthday in July. I was surprised by my weight, because I thought I would be heavier—I've been about this weight for maybe two years now. I can't say that it's an especially good weight for someone who stands 5'9". I looked on the chart and it said that I was "obese." Not "overweight" but "obese." I don't feel obese. But I do feel kind of crappy. So, I embarked on this journey. For some reason, I never considered going on a diet. Maybe because I didn't know about any diets that weren't Atkins or Weight Watchers. But I couldn't go into 40 without a fight.

Breakfast:
1. Canadian Bacon Omelet
2. 6 oz V8

Snacks:
1. Cheese stick
2. 30 Unsalted cashews
3. 15 Unsalted pistachios
4. 2 light laughing cow cheese wedges

Lunch:
Verde Salad at Casa de Pedro:
Squash, Zuchini, Cilantro dressing, red peppers, tomatoes, lettuce. Big salad. Was unsure about the peppers, know you're allowed to have a few tomatoes (but don't push it).

Dinner:
Trout with Almonds and Scallions
Salad with Broccoli, Garlic Oil & Vinegar dressing

Dessert:
Sugar Free fudgicle.

I also realize how much I am a food vaccumer. I must avoid finishing Ruby's dinner, eating her lunch as I make it, or just tasting things willy-nilly. Today I almost tried her grapes in the AM- a big no no. Will probably bring roll-mops tomorrow. I don't want the meat to go bad. The turkey is already looking a bit slimy.

No comments: