Saturday, March 19, 2005

Day 20: Oh those mid-size pants

I am noticing that lots of my pants are not staying on me; I have seen this before, when I went from 205 to 175 during the six months prior to my wedding in 1992. I can't remember it bothering me before, but now I'm noticing that when not wearing shoes (which is often), I am walking on my pants. It also looks like I am wearing Britney Spears lowriders, and that is not cool when you're nearly fortysomething. I am by no means wasting away to nothing, but I am seeing some benefits of a second week on Phase One. Of course, I am not ready to buy more pants, but I did start thinking about it for the first time.

Breakfast
2 Strips Jennie O Turkey Bacon
2 Eggs O'er EZ
Tea
1 Tsp Peanut Butter

Snackerino
15 Cashews
15 Almonds

Lunch
Chicken Breast
Tomatoes
Olives

Mezzo Lunch
1 Rollmop: 1 Slice Ham, 2 Slice Turkey, 1 Slice Alpine Munster (Lite) Cheese

Dinner
Steamed Shrimp & Snow Peas
Spicy Green Beans
Beef Stick

Dessert
Skeepit

Have had Chinese food now four times over the course of my diet. This time was probably the best, SoBe wise, as I have learned, I must be weary of sugar, which is hiding in nearly every product under the sun. Amazingly, many of the 'fat-free' foods in the supermarket contain not only sugar, but other yucchy stuff like partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. If they are free of those things, they are so high calorically as to be ruled out immediately (such as the Healthy Choice pops-80 calories each). I have realized that if I am going to be on the diet for the long haul (at least until I hit my goal weight) I am going to experience a few challenges, and I'm just going to have to roll with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you think you wanna dis the healthy choice pop. you know i am reading every day. do you wanna aggravate me? bob takes a bite and then it is 75 calories, the daily allowance for dessert. i rather have quality. would you like me to send you some pants. i have quite a collection. all sizes. probably some of your old ones... by the way. i tried to email those numbers to you today and found that i have four email addresses for you. katfood, impero, coyotechow and domania. help.