Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Day 30: Must Keep Resolve

One part of being on a diet that doesn't get a lot of press time is the ability to face adversity and STAY ON YOUR DIET. For about 30 days now I have been a stalwart, but recently it's grown somewhat less exciting. I have been known to have my face in the Foxwoods container of chocolate at work, just inhaling deeply. This evening with Ruby, I served her several things that in my old life I would have downed without thinking—a peach pop, cheerios, a graham cracker and some rice pudding, each thing more tantalizing than the last. When I'm at work, sometimes the urge to nibble gets so intense that I am driven to more chewing gum, cheese or nuts. Lurleen (my original SoBe partner) says I have to love vegetables, but that's like loving excercise—it's stupid. Okay it's not stupid, but it makes me angry. Why didn't I grow up loving excercise and vegetables? Who are those people? I realize I must excercise, eat vegetables, and cut down on the nuts 'n' stuff. Sheesh.

Breakfast
Three Egg Whites, One Yolk
2 Strips Applegate Turkey Bacon (Jury is still out)
Tea

Snack
15 Cashews (Eaten 7.5 at a time)
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
1 Nip

Lunch
3 Roll Mops with Mustard
Bubbie's PIckles
1 Entire Romaine Heart

Dinner
Arctic Char a la Emily
Avocado, Onion, Lemon

Dessert
I'm removing this column

I was again disappointed that it rained today as I was hoping to go for a walk. It never really dried up till the late afternoon, but tomorrow I will go. This AM I did 10 pushups, just to see if I could. Not only could I, but I was able to get up from the ground. A big advantage of being 11 lbs lighter- it's easier to get around, and there's less time waiting for the rest of you to catch up (I experimented with several different ways to say this and this was the least disgusting). Emily says my face looks thinner. That's great but WHERE ARE MY SIX PACK ABS? Okay, I'm a little cranky, but I'm realistic. I'll never have six-pack abs, and what would I do with them anyway? I will be happy just to stay off the CPAP a little longer....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every diet hits its doldrums. Stay with it, I know you know that. The feeling of being in control...even when it's tested, is the best. I'm so proud of you. Love, MOM
P.S. Couldn't get on the internet last night. I think my AOL is corrupted. Love, MOM