Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Day 31: More Huffing & Puffing

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM.

Much to the amazement of everybody who knows me, I went on a second walk today with my comrades at work. I have said it before, but it's really to great to go out with the lot of them. They are all various heights, ages and speeds, but they seem to wordlessly slow their pace to make sure I don't fall behind. They might deny this, and in fact, it may be instinctual, but it's sweet and unnecessary since I fall behind anyway. I did break a sweat, and I do think I can keep up the walk pace. Having something else–like a bike ride once or twice a week is really going to heat things up—as soon as I can break the 11 minute mark.

Breakfast
Applegate Turkey Bacon
Three Egg Whites, 1 Yolk Scrambled Eggs
Tea

Snahkën
15 Cashews
15 Almonds
1 Cheese Stick

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chicken

Dinner
2 Roll Mops
1 Head Romaine

Ruby was still sick today, so on my way home from work I got her a pizza (her request) and I stopped at the supermarket to get her "foods to bribe her with." She has not been feeling up to snuff in the stomach department so having the so-called "gentle foods" in the house was important. As I went through the aisles, I took great in joy in purchasing almost everything I could not myself eat: lemonade pops, frosted cheerios, nilla wafers, pretzels and muffins. For me I got some low-fat cold cuts and broccoli. A few weeks ago, in a crispy-frenzy I bought a bag of pork rinds, which I remember were low-carb friendly. In fact, they are the only snack food (that comes in a bag) that is absolutely carb-free, but when I compared them to peanuts I realized why I wasn't going to eat them—THEY'RE STILL SO F*(&((NG BAD FOR YOU. Oh well, maybe I'll have a potato chip on my birthday. Or two hundred and fify. Maybe I'll just smell the bag and roll around in the grease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Keep up the good work! It sounds like you really may get into this exercise thing. Sorry Ruby isn't feeling well. Wish I could be there. The flowers are not just nice they are magnificent. Thank you all so much. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Alright, now we're getting somewhere: keep me in mind for that potato chip activity.

Knock Knock
Who's There
When does Ruby's sneeze and cough sound good?
When it's not Ruby throwing up.

Will run the carb-temptation game on her today.

I Heart The Domania Walking Group!!!!