Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Day Sixteen: 218 Lbs (Phase One does a Nikko)

Yep, that's the number. I hate when you have to read through stuff to find out what you want to know. I started this thing at 226 lbs. En route to work this morning I stopped in at my doctor's office, where I was officially weighed by a nurse. 218 was the official count. That's 8lbs off, and 26 to go. My goal, it should be stated, realistic or not, is to lose 30 lbs by my birthday in July. Without a rigorous exercise program to lean on right now (I think I can get some biking, walking and swimming in the warm May, June and July) I think my best bet is stay on Phase One for another week or two. I'm not sure I won't keel over if I can't find something besides eggs to eat every morning. I'm also sorry to postpone my enjoyment of Flax-Bran and Low-Carb Wheat bread, but I think I will live.

Breakfast
2 Eggs o'er
Lox
Tea

Snack
15 Cashews
2 Cheese Sticks
1 Nip (they are 25 and 30 calories, btw)

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chicken
Broth of Chicken Rice Soup

Dinner
Patagonian Toothfish
Snowpeas
Broccoli
Asparagus

Dessert
Fudgecicle du Chocolate

My problem being on a diet is always going to be breakfast. Green things don't appeal to me and I'm not sure I can eat any protein besides eggs, lox and turkey bacon. Sure there's whitefish, but then I can't go to work (unless I secure work in a fisherie). Of all the day's cravings, the breakfast family of white-sugar-white-flour bagels, muffins, cereal, donuts and breads are the most keenly felt. Today I made a conscious effort to "feel the burn"—i.e. be hungry. Though the SoBe diet is designed so you can eat when you're hungry, I realize I am not going to break 200 unless I can spend some time feeling hungry. So today I cut down on the nuts—and came very close to skipping the fudgicle. But then I caved. I'm sure I can Phase One it for another week or two, but I will be keeping my fudgicles® close at hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. The diet blog is wonderful and I'm so proud of you. It's an investment for your whole life and I can't think of a more fitting birthday present to yourself that what you are doing. By the way, what would you like for this upcoming gala occasion. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

You're my hero!!! Congrats on the fantabulous start! At this stage of the competition, you're the Bo Bice of dieters!!

Anonymous said...

PS, the above was from me, Lurleen.