Friday, May 02, 2008

Year 4, Day 62: No Walkees and 10,000 Nuts

After a frightfully bad night of sleep where Ruby was up five times, I could not bear to either make a hot breakfast (like eggs) or a cold prepared one (like cereal).   At 6:22, after both Emily and I had taken turns cooing to her, lying with her, sitting with her, she came in the room like Kramer from "Seinfeld" and said "Can I play with my dollhouse?" as if it were a code she had somehow cracked.  Instinctively, I got up and went into her room, glowering and skulking.  I asked her, when she was back in bed, 'do you know what time it is?'  She winced at the digital clock read out, and in a moment that only other tired, beaten and dissapointed parents can understand, she responded "six-two?"  An hour later I was facing breakfast and I chose two slices of bread and peanut butter.  Later in the day it was nuts, and then at night for dessert with Magnolia, it was pistachios, or as she pronounces it, "pee-stachios."  A nutfrenzy, and all I can say is I better work out tomorrow and I'm glad I skipped the beer I was dreaming of all day.

Breakfast
2 Slices of Balthazar Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's (salad total unknown as I was weighed with another salad)
Romaine, hot peppers, peppers, broccoli, feta, chicken, tofu, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms

Dinner
Trout a la Emily (fantastic)
Cauliflower (ditto)

No comments: