Friday, June 29, 2007

Year 3, Day 117: poker

Last night, when we got home from the Met Bar, and made sure our kids were sound asleep in their beds, I got to making my fourth pie. This was necessary because I was going to bring it to the card game and so I needed it to be ready-- I was not going to be able to bake it in between work and poker. So I made it, and left it to cool. I'm not sure it was my best pie ever- and in fact, it might have been undercooked. It met with a cool reception.

breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

snack
6 sticks beef jerky

lunch: talk of the town diner
broccoli/feta omelet
side salad

dinner/poker
cashews, almonds
pistachios
popcorn
salad
steak tips
chili con carne
a bite of pie

A fast walk with some of comrades at work. I thought at one time that it helped me win at cards, but so far it's been failing to do that. Our card host made dinner. As usual, I ate plenty, and naturally, had to try the pie. It was pretty good.

No comments: