Friday, June 22, 2007

Year 3, Day 112: More Pies

A warm overcast day that I joined Emily and some of her peers for a last-day of teaching celebration. In the middle of our burger & potato salad course, the rainstorm hit and no buns were safe. We were all forced inside. I had already eaten, but many a guest's lunch was rain-soaked. I had to change my t-shirt and wait while my other one dried. We moved into the basement (the main house was having its floors redone, so there was no place to go) and finished the party.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz Boston LIte Popcorn

Lunch
4 Tostitos Salsa, Guacamole, Mango Salsa
Hamburger
Italian Sausage
Tomato, Onion

Dinner: Blue Ribbon
A little bit of Burnt Ends, Brisket
Salad

A little bit of strawberry-rhubarb pie. I am really getting the hang of the pie. Like anything, you just have to do it again and again and again and again. I am planning on making a pie for the card game. I'm not up to the lattice design yet, that will take work. Today a co-worker told me that if I didn't make my own crust I was falling short of the mark. Also, after the incident, tonight saw me getting back on the horse (or pig) of Blue Ribbon.

No comments: