Thursday, June 14, 2007

Year 3, Day 105: Breakfast and Lunch, NY style

I had hoped to explore one of New York's great diners or wonderful baked-good places for breakfast. Sadly, our 8:30AM meeting meant this would not be possible. As it was I had to get up at 6:30 just to get the horrific hotel-prepared omelet. I ordered a bacon and cheese and I got a ham and cheese. Without a word, they brought me potatoes and white toast. I asked for Wheat, but when it came I determined that it was just a brown version of the white toast. I ate a couple of pieces of apples out of the fruit salad. Then my coworker and I trudged off to our meeting. When we got to the IAC office, I noted that they had a full complement of breakfast items including granola, cereal, yogurt, and fresh strawberries and bananas. I availed myself of a banana and made a mental note that next time I come if breakfast out is not a possibility, I will dine in.

Breakfast
Ham & Cheese Omelet
Apple Pieces
Coffee
1 Banana

Lunch: The Cookshop
2 slices of wheat bread
Mixed Greens with Olives, Raisins,
Chicken Breast
Plus a Chocolate Chip Cookie from the Cookie Plate

Dinner
Chicken Thighs a la Emily
Green Beans
Leeks

In a surprise move, my original lunch plans got squashed when we found we were able to have lunch with our new CEO. We went to the Cookshop in New York, and I ordered a salad that had raisins in it. Since my coworker and I were there at the behest of our brand-new superior, I didn't want to appear like the high-maintenance problematic food-orderer I am, lest I give the impression that I am not a kick-ass employee. One could fairly assume one from the other, don't you think? So instead of asking them to hold the raisins, I just ate them, along with two slices of whole grain bread. Our new boss ordered a 'cookie plate' for dessert. So as not to offend, or give the wrong impression, I ate one, politely, and hoped this cookie-eating was a good sign for my career.

No comments: