Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Year 3, Day 104: Off to NY

In a big change up for my office, I head down to NY to discuss. I have gone to New York countless times for work in the past few years, but this is the first time I got that old 'buzzy' and 'zingy' feeling. We remain cautiously optimistic.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Salad, Tuna, Feta, Balsamic, Red Peppers

Snack
Almonds

Train Snack
1 Fuji Apple
.5 Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner
Sushi Yasuda

I managed to eat as lightly as possible in preparation for eating at Sushi Yasuda. There really are no words. My coworker asked what to order. I said, "you just go with the flow, the chefs tell you what is good." I could tell he was not happy with that answer- he is a guy who likes to be in control of everything, especially his dinner. Yet when he got there he could tell that I was right- the chefs took us on a trip down the sushi river and it was fantastic. The fish is better than you get anywhere else. The texture and flavor of the tuna- the common sushi- was like nothing I've ever had before. The rice itself was moist and velvety-but still stuck together as sushi rice. I don't know why their sushi is unlike all other sushi I've ever had, but I know that it is. You should go try it. Now.

No comments: