Saturday, June 09, 2007

Year 3, Day 101: Could it be the vitamins?

Have not been feeling 100% lately, and it could be a number of things, but I don't know what. I suspect it had something to do with switching vitamins, so today I got a new kind from Whole Foods, natch, instead of the Centrum brand. Before I was taking the One-a-Day brand which I liked, and wasn't that hard to take. While I can't point to feeling any better, it certainly didn't hurt. But the Centrum brand I bought was not 'for men', is hard to swallow and has resulted in less-than-great feelings and being hungrier and eating more. Again, there is a lot that could be causing that but for now I'm switching. I'll check in again in a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.

Breakfast
1.5 Banana Bran Muffins
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1/2 Microwave Popcorn
.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch;
Cabbage, Romaine, Feta, Tuna

Dinner:
Pecan-Encrusted Trout
Asparagus

Dessert
Two bites of Magnolia's Chocolate Sherbet Pop
About 25 Chocolate Chips
About 15 Banana Chips

Can't wait for the gym. After collecting a lot of black bananas I found a recipe that sounded good, and was good- it was from a Breakfast book I had collected years ago. Ruby and I made them before breakfast this morning. The muffins were perfect (if a tiny bit unsweet) but I really enjoyed them, and so did Ruby, Emily and less so, Magnolia. After I had eaten most of one muffin I was considering what I would eat for breakfast, when I realized- @(#*&A that that muffin WAS my breakfast. You can't eat a banana muffin and then eat some other 500 calorie thing. I did eat the rest of Ruby's left over, which I estimated at about half .

No comments: