Friday, October 27, 2006

Year 2, Day 239: Fridays with Emily

Emily has every Friday off for the rest of the year. Don't ask me why, I just live here. But I did agree to take some time off to match her time off and this Friday I decided I could work a half day. So after I dropped off Magnolia at the JCC, I walked to the second floor and did 6.5 miles at level four in under sixty minutes. I'm starting to think I'm ready to move on to to the next level of workout, especially when I see people doing the stair-cruncher, or whatever it is, and reading the New York Times Book Review. I couldn't even do that thing for a minute, but these folks are bored enough to need to READ. At this time on the elliptical, I am still sweating, so I'm not ready to raise the level yet.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
1 Small Banana
Green Tea

After Gym Snack
6 oz French Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: Strip T's
Grilled Salmon
Salad with Balsamic Vinegar

Snack:
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
3 Pieces Beef Jerky

Dinner: Blue Ribbon
Burnt Ends
Pulled Chicken
Beans
Emily's Leeks

For my after gym snack today we were out of plain yogurt, so I had Vanilla yogurt, which of all the choices, was the next best thing. I was surprised to find it sickeningly sweet and I only used one tablespoon of peanut butter, but the Vanilla turns it into a 300 calorie snack from the 200 calorie snack it would have been if I had had plain. A healthy lunch at Strip-T's was a good antidote, even though we ended up eating at 11:15AM, because we were tight on time, so I could have skipped the snack entirely, but I like to eat something after the gym because I understand it is the time when your metabolism is the highest.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Fridays off sounds good to me. Glad Magnolia is enjoying the JCC. Vanilla yogurt is just too sweet for me. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I only have Fridays off until January (I guess that's the rest of the year).