Monday, October 02, 2006

Year 2, Day 212 Bob Woodward: Legs Smooth Like Silk

The title of this blog refers to the funny things that can happen when closed-captioning is involved. I was at the gym today and noticed this particular jam up of messages that I thought was worth relating. Now that I spend an hour at the gym on just the elliptical (I also walked around the track once for old time's sake) I'm needing to really be strategic about my arrival times. As it was, I just made it at 11:15, since they closed today for the holiday at 12:30pm. As I was leaving I heard one JCC official call to another "Are you sure it doesn't say 1:00pm on the Web site? Someone one the phone says it does. The Web site is right? OK." More evidence of the Twilight Zone theory—technology is far advanced beyond the point that we can use it.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean/Heritage Flakes
1 Small Banana
Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

Lunch
Robert's Now-Famous Turkey Crumble
Lettuce Leaves

Dinner @ My Brother's House
Chicken Soup
Brisket
Carrots, Onions
Salad with Feta & Balsamic Vinegar

Dessert
2 Rugleach (1 chocolate, 1 apricot)
1 quarter of a slice of sponge cake
1 quarter of a slice of a lemon roll

Tonight, the "Kol Nidre" dinner is usually a 'meat meal'. You end the year with meat and begin the year, after a day of fasting with a dairy meal. So tonight was brisket and salad. Because I was having back-to-back holiday celebrations, I got somewhat caught up in a dessert whirlwind, purchasing at least five kinds of desserts from three different places. They included two kinds of rugleach (one from Russo's), a lemon jelly roll, sponge cake, honey cake, and a babke. Naturally, I thought over two nights we'd consume it all but I was out of my mind because my niece and nephew wanted know part of any dry, Jewish dessert and neither did my kids. So after the second night I took everything to work, where for the most part, it was gladly and joyfully consumed.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Believe it or not Bruce's had their famous chocolate dipped macaroons available for this holiday. Ruth's daughter Jayne was amazed. But we've known how good they were for a long time. I took everything that was left over to the Bridge Club Tuesday nite...and it was devoured. Glad you shared the holiday with your brother...only sorry I couldn't be there too. Love, MOM