Thursday, October 19, 2006

Year 2, Day 231: When Black Thursday Comes

Just a day when I thought nothing would go right. When I was testing out my soy milk (it looked like its consistency had changed from suffering a too-cold fridge)I foolishly put it where it could get knocked over by the next thing I took out of the dish drainer, which happend to be a humoungous pot for making noodles for Magnolia. If you want to know about a jinx on your day, try spilling a full cup of suspect soy milk everywhere—on your pants, your floor, your counters, your wife, and your new kitchen carpet. That's really an eye-opener.

Breakfast
1 Slice of Balthazar Rye with Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Green Tea

Snack
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Pieces Beef Jerky

Lunch: Peter's kitchen
Kebab salad with feta

Dinner:
Hamburger, Broccoli, Pickles

Dessert
1 nip

Since I lacked the supplies for cereal, AND used up all my time, I had to improvise breakfast, which can be challenging when everything in your fridge is a suspect in the "what smells so bad?" game. The fridge was subsequently emptied, but like many puzzling mysteries, the smell was never sourced, so it may have been a conflated smell. E. Pluribus Unum of smells. I ended up having peanut butter on toast, and I noticed that I was less hungry in the morning than I usually am.

Tonight there was a ZBA meeting in Needham, and that made me have to come home and have a nip. For those who want to know my feelings about the entire situation, you can visit the Needham Times, who published my commentary, both in print and online:

http://www.townonline.com/needham/opinion/view.bg?articleid=582370

1 comment:

Mom said...

Probably best that you didn't drink that "suspect" soy milk.....and protein like peanut butter at breakfast is great. I will read you article but applaud you in advance for speaking out on such an important issue. Love, MOM