Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Year 2, Day 223: Wedding Anniversary

Amazingly enough, it was 14 years ago today that I got married to Emily. Perhaps not so amazingly, that morning involved cereal and milk. The night before, my Stepfather, Sam, asked me what I ate for breakfast. At the time, I was on weight watchers and I was eating a bowl of Wheaties with Grape nuts and Lactaid skim milk every morning. Not dissimilar to what I eat now, except much much higher in carbs because Grape Nuts is like-off-the-hook carb-heavy. It is certainly the highest carbohydrate (and calorie-laden) of any edible cereal that could still be called "good for you" that's out there in the market. Anyway, much to my delight, when I woke up, he had gone out and went shopping for just that breakfast. It was a real unexpected gift, and one I think about alot since he passed on.

Breakfast
Kashi
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Bananas
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Lunch: May's Cafe
(Split Among Six People)
Seaweed Salad
Egg Pancake
Five Spices Calamari

Cabbage with Pork
Ma-Po Tofu
Shredded Pork with Bamboo
Chicken Teriyaki

Dinner
Shrimp with Thai Lime Sauce
Wonder Beans

The gang at work have been on a tear when it comes to our "Investigating our Lunch Options." About once a week we have been driving to different places that we know of, or have read about, always ready, as we say in the food-trailblazing business, to 'take one for the team.' This of course, refers to the trailblazer that may have to suffer through an awful meal so your team doesn't have to. As it happens, the gang suggested a place I had gone ONCE previously with Jillz, a good friend and rogue commenter at this blog. I guess they have changed it wildly since Jill and I rated it a "come back at your own peril" place, but I have to say that the meal was quite good and very SoBe friendly. If you can make your way there (to Allston) it was worth the trip, though like any Mom & Pop place, you can't count on speed.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I may have written this before but it's nice to remember Sam on your anniversary. The Unveiling is today (10/22/06) so I am thinking about him and glad to know that you do too sometimes. Love, MOM