Thursday, October 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 238: Have Run Out of Titles

Though I tried hard to plan a walk for the whole gang, it ended up just being me and a very special guest, an ex-Domaniac who now has a nine-month old. She made it seem like we were going to go slow because she had a stroller, but in fact we whipped around that river in record time. It was quite a workout and it was a good thing because it felt a lot colder than we thought it was going to be and we were both fretting about her son's condition (though he was absolutely fine; kids are nearly almost always more amazed than bothered by being outside. If you remember your childhood, it was probably one of your parents chasing you with a coat and telling you to 'put it on, you'll catch a cold,' which you knew wasn't true and so you didn't.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
1 Small Banana
Green Tea

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
30 Pistachios

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Chicken Kebab Salad
with Balsamic Vinegar Only

Dinner
Turkey Crumble
Lettuce Wraps

I can tell you that as I continue to master the turkey-crumble recipe I have come face-to-face with two conclusions. One, you can do almost no wrong with this recipe. Tonight I added the tops of a bunch of scallions (often called green onions and old Chinese food trick) towards the end as well as the juice of half a lime. Fantastico! Two, is that using dark meat turkey and oil is not very SoBe friendly, so it's just a little bit of guilt that I have to work through. Since mostly the meal is whatever's in the turkey plus lettuce, it's a pretty good meal over all, but I can't help thinking that I could somehow make it healthier for me. I'm not dwelling on it, but I am thinking about it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well it's good to think about. I got a workout on Saturday unintentionally. I got out of the beauty parlor (nails) to see many police cars and fire trucks. Someone pushed me back into a building and then pushed me out again with shouts telling everyone to evacuate the area. A man hole was exploding. Of course my car was parked right in the hot zone. I started running. (So there it is, did I think about helping anyone else? No, I just started running. ) A transformer had gone bad and there were several small explosions. Of course one thinks of 9/11. Well, the LIRR wasn't running, I couldn't get to my car ( which contained 3 lbs of cheese purchased for my mother) so I walked home. Actually it wasn't bad. Tried to pick up my car later in the day but they were all the uniformed people were standing around...now there were many LICO trucks and people added. They were trying to decide whether or not to turn off the grid. By the next day, they were still standing around but I was able to get my car. It was apparently solved by Monday morning. Quite an adventure. Love, MOM