Monday, October 09, 2006

Year 2, Day 221: Return to Tennis


Today was Columbus Day and Emily and I returned to the tennis courts for the first time in quite a while. I have been seeing a physical therapist for four weeks now and she told me I could get on the court again. And so, with my arm cast (for tendonitis) and no advil, but plenty of water and moxie, we dropped Ruby off at her playdate and with Magnolia with her sitter, we trotted off to see what we were made of.

The answer was not much. Though at the end of the summer we were able to stick it out for three sets, today we barely got through one. And it wasn't just me with a gimpy, injured arm. She played on the sunny side (though I offered to switch) and we were both exhausted after a grueling tiebreaker to me to a win of 7-6 (6-4).

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Banana
Blueberries
Coffee

Lunch:
Romaine
Feta
Chicken Breast
Celery
Broccoli

Post-Tennis Snack
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super chunky Peanut butter

Dinner (& Stuff)
Chicken
Asparagus
1 Meatball
a few bites of rib meat

Stonyfield Farm is running a new campaign on the top of its lidless yogurts. It says "Reading, writing and high fructose corn syrup? Our healthy vending program for schools is making kids healthier and parents happier. Visit Stonyfield.com for a do-it-yourself healthy vending guide." I went there, and I plan to make sure that's the vending machine in Ruby's school (and maybe the JCC) if I have something to say about it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm back able to get on to your website again. I tried all last night..didn't work. This morning it just opened up. Bravo for you...getting back on the tennis courts. It's hard after an injury...but so worth it. Love, MOM