Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Day 338: 1 Short Month to Go


Amazingly, I am just one short month (February) from having made my lifestyle change for a year. Though there are still struggles, mostly with volume (see: "Seconds") but mostly I have incorporated the "South Beach" diet into my daily thoughts and beings. However, I am still learning things. For instance, I was avoiding popcorn, but today, hungry and in the car broke into a bag I brought for Ruby that she wasn't interested in. I noted that one serving (a bag) is 60 Calories with 10gs of Carbs—less than a serving of toast (or Kashi, for that matter). I resolved to make it part of my diet from this point on, which is good, because I'm always looking for ways to avoid nuts.

Breakfast
1 Cup of Kashi Whole Grain Puffs
1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Soy Milk
Tea

Snack
1 small orange
15 Almonds
1 Joy Stick
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Cup Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch
Roll Mops: Ham, Muenster, Mustard
1 Heart of Romaine
Pickles

Dinner
Balsamic Chicken a la Robert
Broccoli

Today I had to stay home from work for the fifth time in two weeks, which not only makes me greatly uncomfortable but puts me way behind in all the work I have to do. Emily came down with whatever Ruby had last week and it surely was not pleasant. As one of my fill-in duties, I had to bring her to her "jazz-funk dance" class at the JCC; and so of course, it made sense for me to work out, since the poor weather and impossibility of parking anywhere near the facility made pick up and drop off more complicated. So I did get a 35 minute, 3 mile work out on the ellipse in today, which was good, because I was fretting about going to weigh in without any kind of exercise. For the third time in a row I stopped by the "fitness office" to see a consultant, but no one was on duty. Naturally, I will continue to try and get someone so I can achieve 2007's goals of rock hard abs.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I remain truly impressed with your staying with the SoBe so beautifully. Pop corn is a winner...I much prefer it. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your lifestyle change. From your dedication to living a healthy lifestyle, I think you would really enjoy sparkpeople.com. I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers posting it, and was wondering if you had a chance to check it out yet.

Thanks,

GrantM

Don in CA said...

As Homer Simpson would say, "Mmmmmmmmm........popcorn!"
Popcorn is great, but as you know, you have to avoid the movie variety, which is dripping with sat'd fat and salt. Until we discovered Healthy Choice®, which isn't all that bad, we used to air-pop the kernels---fatless and saltless. Not everyone's fave.
Keep up the good work!

d/m