Monday, February 27, 2006

Day 364: Birthday Party

Today was my niece's birthday party. She was actually born on a day that passed by several weeks ago, but it couldn't the real day would have fallen on Super Bowl Sunday, so it was moved to the week after, but that was doomed by an immense, two-foot snowfall. So it was rescheduled to today. It was a bowling party, and its start time (1:00pm) made me think there wouldn't be any temptations there, but I was wrong. At the last minute, there was a decision to provide chicken fingers and french fries and don't you know that I had four chicken fingers (and one french fry). Sometimes, there isn't much you can do but go with the flow. On the plus side, I was able to avoid all Teddy Grahams, Starbursts, Birthday Cake and Chocolate and Vanilla ice creams that were both present and available.


Breakfast
3 Eggs, Over Broken
2.5 strips Louis Rich Turkey Bacon
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
2 Bites of Banana

Lunch
Robert's Tuna Salad Open faced on Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
Pickles

Party-Snack, Etc.
4 Chicken Fingers
1 French Fry
Diet Coke
1/4 Cup Almonds, Cashews

Dinner
Emily's Kick-Ass Turkey Crumble in Lettuce Wraps
Broccoli

Of course, it's nearing the end of February and the first year of the diet, so my mind is on Detecto. Though I had a spell of a cold and went several days without snacking, I'm not sure what the scale has in store for me. Depending on the commute, I'll either get there tomorrow or Tuesday for weigh in.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, It sounds like you did very well at the birthday party...but did you bowl? Hope the weigh in goes well. You have been amazing! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Um Rob?

You snacked at my house after the party. You had:

4 olives
1/4 oz of low fat yogurt cheese
1 spelt cracker

just want to keep everyone honest...