Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Day 352: Valentine's Day

Well, despite my desire, I did not have any chocolate today. Though no one should despair, I did get a few valentines. I am gladdened at the thought that I might get in a few walks this week as the temperature nears 50 degrees here. This is a relief because this weekend the JCC was closed on Sunday due to the snowstorm. I am hoping to keep myself light through times of reduced exercise by eating less, and certainly I have made it through many of the days with only one snack. Today, I experimented with popcorn, which in individual bags weighs half of one ounce and contain only 10 grams of carbs (which is less than any other delicious snack).

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Rye Bread
4 Slices of Ham
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Snack
1 Small Granny Smith Apple
1/2 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch
Turkey Tips, Cherry Peppers on Mesclun Greens

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Emily's Bok Choy
1/2 Cheese Stick (was feeding it to Magnolia)

After dinner I did spend some time longingly caressing a bag of chocolate hearts I had procured from Whole Foods. Even though the calories were negligible, I opted out, but I was determined to have some chocolate, maybe at the one year celebration party! Just kidding.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad to see you back on blog..... I can't digest the artifical sweeteners so wood is fine with me. Good for you resisting the chocolate. Love, MOM