Monday, February 20, 2006

Day 358: President's Day with Fresca

Ruby has no school, and the cold cuts are still good. Since I have some extra time in the AM, I treat myself to another omelet. A definite casualty of having such a tight morning schedule is the inability to really 'make' any kind of breakfast for myself, but I can't complain since I love the Balthazar bread and cheese, even though it's very boring to read about.

Breakfast
3 Egg, Pastrami and Corned Beef Omelet
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese
Tea

Snack
12 oz. coffee (half decaf)
1 bite of Balthazar bread
1 can Fresca
1/2 Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Russo's ($4.38)
Red Leaf, Red peppers, Red Onions
Feta, Chicken, Chick Peas
Oil & Balsamic Vinegar

Dinner
Ground Pork and Peppers
Lettuce Wraps

Interlude:
1 Square Tanzania Chocolate

I realize too late after I eat my third square of chocolate in as many days that I should just STOP eating chocolate. Sure, one square is only 50 calories and has a good dietary fiber to carbs ratio, but the fact is that on a diet, every 50 calories count, and I have no business squandering 50 of them at the end of the night.

I continue to fail to arouse anyone's ire regarding the contents of Fresca. Just yesterday there was an article in the NY Times about people who are fanatics for TAB. I thought I was a fanatic for Fresca, but today I had one and it was just BAD. It tasted bad and made me feel bad. Anyone want to know why? IT CONTAINS WOOD. Because you're still not moved to anger, I have provided the list of ingredients below. See if you can count how many things you shouldn't put in your body:

Water, Citric Acid, Concentrated Grapefruit Juice, Potassium Citrate,
Potassium Benzoate and EDTA (to protect taste) Aspartame, Acesulfame
potassium, acacia, natural flavors, glycerol ester of wood rosin,
brominated vegetable oil, carob bean gum

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

ok, that IS pretty gross but it's almost nothing compared to what's really in cow's milk ;)

Mom said...

Okay I'll stay away from the Fresca. I never liked it that much anyway. There is an article in the paper about the artifical sweeteners. First they say they cause cancer in lab animals and then they go on to say how the test was flawed. But they conclude you are better off with Splemda anyway. It's so reassuring. That and now that we know our ports are in good hands. Sleep tight. Love, MOM