Thursday, February 23, 2006

Day 360: The Whole Circle

Today a brisk, albeit slightly shorter walk. We brought the newest member of the gang on the walk, and in deference to both him, the temperature and time concerns, we cut it short (minus seven minutes). I was super hungry for the rest of the day.

Breakfast
2 Small slices Balthazar multi-grain bread
4 slices of ham
2.5 oz. 50% jalapeno cheddar
tea

Snack
12 oz. coffee (half decaf)
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
2 Tblsps Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1/2 pak Splenda

Lunch: Christos
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
Red Wine Vinegar & Oil

Dinner
Emily's Kick-Ass Fishamajig
Stir Fry Bok Choy

Emily is a great cook but every once in a while something that's even better than the Elephant Walk (the standard for Pan-Asian fare). Tonight, it was her first ever fish-stir-fry and it was incredible. She later asked "are we eating too much?" It's a good question. Dinner really should be the SMALLEST meal of the day, with breakfast being the LARGEST (if you must put them in those categories). Lastly, I noted that a half pak of Splenda is TOO sweet for me. I must remember to cut it down some.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Emily is indeed a great cook. I can attest to that. But no, I don't think you are eating too much. Fish and cabbage and lettuce are almost in the cateogory of free foods...So enjoy. It's the nuts etc. that need to be eaten in moderation. Anyway, that's how I see it. Glad your dental visit worked out well. I wasn't so lucky but in fact I think he was able to do the cavitity under the bridge while extracting my nerves...which is excellent and may save me future work. Sorry to be taking up space on your blog. Love, MOM