Sunday, February 12, 2006

Day 349: Day of Three Yogurts

This is actually a misleading headline, but "Day of Two Yogurts" didn't sound that good. I'm not sure why I even wanted to title this entry that, but it stuck with me all day, so I just thought I'd go with it. Today I tried to get back on the horse of my old breakfast—longtime blog readers will surely recognize it—but somehow it just didn't sit right with me. Aside form that, Magnolia 'got sick'. This is in quotes because she didn't have the stomach virus, but did use the same mechanical function to rid herself of....well you get the idea. Not sure what it was about the one two punch of less-than-ideal-sitting breakfast and having your daughter get sick on you, but I wasn't much in the mood for lunch. Then around 5:00pm we determined Ruby had to go to the emergency room with an ear infection. How bout that? I buried the lede.

Breakfast
Two Eggs Over Easy
2.5 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 oz. 50 % Jalapeno Cheddar

Lunch
Plain Yogurt
2 Tblspns Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1/4 Kashi Go Lean

Snack/Dinner
Chicken Soup
2 oz Columbo Lite Blueberry Yogurt

So the rest of the story is that Ruby and I took off for the 'urgent care center' (someone in marketing came up with that, so much more attractive than 'emergency room'). Of course when we got there she was immediately hungry so we went in search of the ubiquitous hospital vending machines. She wanted pretzels and orange juice (doesn't that just say 'recovery snack' to a kid?) and I noted they had yogurt, and figured this was my one chance of getting any dinner. There were no spoons, but I managed to score one from the "urgent care' staff. Ruby liked my yogurt better than her pretzels, so there that went. When I got home and got the prescription filled, it was 10:00pm. I wasn't going to eat anything, but I had a little chicken soup and then Emily and started to prepare for the coming storm.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Illness has overtaken your home. Hope everyone feels and is well soon. At least there was yogurt in the hospital vending maching. Ususally it's only really bad stuff. Glad to hear things are improving if only in the Boston area. Love, MOM