Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Day 337: Feeling Old, Sick

People are always saying "your health is the most important thing" and for good reason. When you are unhealthy, your outlook on the world is less rosy. For instance, I did not get to workout this weekend. I had an opportunity—my mom has a treadmill and I certainly could have gotten on it, but I felt too lousy to exercise. I could have leapt to the gym upon returning, but I just barely had the energy to get us ready for the weekend. So here I am, Monday, facing a rainy week (aka no walks) and I'm feeling lousy.

Breakfast
2 (small) slices of Balthazar bread
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar Lite
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz plain yogurt
Super-chunky peanut butter

Lunch: Russo's Salad
Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Onions, Red Peppers
Yellow Squash, Feta Cheese, Tuna Salad
Mushrooms (for luck on Chinese New Year), Artichokes

Dinner: Leftovers from CK Shanghai
Hollow Pea Stems
Steak from Steak Ginger

In my new life aside from eating responsibly from a calorie perspective, I am trying to eat responsibly from a consumption perspective. Though we went shopping on our return, we also had leftovers and I deemed I better eat them no matter how mediocre they were when they were dinner. By combining two dishes and adding hot sauce I made it palatable. I am excited about adding fruit to my diet. This is mainly because we had some California Oranges that were just unbelievable. Keep in mind that these oranges were actually picked by people we knew from a tree in California and then handed to us. I bought some in the store the other day; I'll see how they are.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Don't get your hopes up. Nothing like eating the fruit from the tree. Isn't it amazing how great fruit is when you haven't had it for a while? Great seeing you all.....so glad you were here. Love, MOM