Thursday, January 12, 2006

Day 318: Global Warming Allows More Walks

Though having children makes you regret how we're ruining the planet, and commit yourself to whatever we can do to stem the tide of global warming, it's hard not to enjoy the 40, 50 and 60 degree weather during the winter when you get it. Sure it's a guilty pleasure, but except for caffeine and the Internet there aren't too many of those left for a guy who's given up white sugar, white flour and white potatoes. Today the Domania Walking Club went out but as last time it was some slow going with its icy patches and muddy valleys. But we made it anyway, and it felt good.

Breakfast
Celery Broccoli Omelet
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
2 tsps Peanut Butter

Lunch: Chinese
Beef with Snow Peas
String Beans with Tofu

Dinner
Thai Chicken Soup
Broccoli with Soy Sauce

I remember the hardest part about blogging through certain periods in this diet has been the lack of variety. I'm sorry for anyone who has to look at the same menu again and again; it's not fun. However, I do get to end Phase One on a holiday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) as I left my old life on New Year's Day. In related news, I finally realize I have to get rid of my brown belt that I owned prior to starting the diet. I now have to use it on the fifth hole and it still doesn't work. I think it was a waste size 40, so I probably need to get a smaller belt size. I am hoping that I can get weighed Tuesday morning, and I hope that I am in the low 190s—my goal this year is to get to 185, by hook or by crook. If I succeed, maybe I'll celebrate with a Hostess Lemon Pie.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your determination is inspiring. I think I already told you that. Happy MLK Birthday in advance. Love, MOM