Thursday, January 19, 2006

325: Detecto Says "194"

It's my first weigh-in for quite a while and of course, it was OK, about what I expected, but just like American Idol contestants, I dream of great things, even if the reality wasn't quite there. Glad to be past the hurdle of 196 and I know now for sure that I have get serious about the second gym trip or just accept my destiny to live the 190s. I've been rereading the South Beach book and I think that the portion sizes have been reduced. Who can eat a half cup of cereal for breakfast? That's just crazy.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread (yummy)
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheddar
2 Slices of Ham
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz plain yogurt
2 Tbs peanut butter

Lunch: Russo's
Salad: Chicken, Feta, Onions, Red Leaf Lettuce, Artichokes, Olives

Dinner
Tilapia a la Emily
Emily's Roasted Pepper Medley
Apple Fruit 2 O

I am desperately trying to come up with other alternatives to pistachios for snack. I know that a key to losing weight, staying healthy and being happy is having variety in your foods. Emily has been doing great things in the kitchen but I have to keep up my end on breakfast and lunch. Since my morning ritual is down to about 15 minutes, it's hard to find something that's both fresh and appealing. Tomorrow it's Kashi, and then back to Balthazar; maybe some eggs on the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Progress is progress. I agree about the pistachios but only because I expect they have so much salt which as you know tends to hold fluid weight. So anyway, keep up the great work. Love, MOM

Don in CA said...

Hey Robert, I was hiking with another retired doc yesterday, and he told me about an ophthalmologist friend of his who, after years of "research," wrote a book, appeared on Oprah, and is now reaping the royalties. The book, "14 Superfoods That Will Change Your Life," list these 14 foods. I'd be interested to see how they fit into the SoBe lifestyle: beans, blueberries, broccoli, oats, oranges, pumpkin, wild salmon, soy, spinach, tea, tomatoes, turkey (skinless breast), walnuts, and yogurt. I stole these from the amazon.com listing---haven't read the evidence for each. Just another oif the gazillion books out there purporting to know the answer to nutrition, health, weight loss and everlasting life.

Right now I'm trying to break 180...(which, if I played, would be my golf score)
Love to Em & the kiddies!
d/

Caitlin said...

congrats on being below the target, even if it wasn't the "great thing" you were secretly hoping for.

pistachios are tasty, that's a tough one.