Sunday, January 08, 2006

314: Quest For Fitness

For people without kids, it is mostly pretty easy to get to the gym. For people with structure, it's probably easy to work this in. When you have kids and no structure, the simple act of getting to the gym can be very difficult. I think this is why for a long time I talked myself out of fitness, or the need for it. I felt like it was a foregone conclusion that I would not go to the gym, so why sign up? Why waste the money? It wasn't really until Emily and I had a love affair with tennis that even sweating seemed really interesting to me. So now I go, and I go once a week, which is not very much, but for those who know me, that is quite a lot. Not just the exercise, but actually being able to get there. Today was quite difficult in that there were several timeslots available and none was working.

Breakfast
2.5 slices of Louis Rich Turkey Bacon
2 Eggs over easy
1 Cheese Stick
Tea

Snack
4 Slices of Ham
About 30 Almonds and/or Cashews
About 30 Pistachios
6 oz V-8 juice
1 Cheese Stick

Lunch
Romaine Salad
Olives
Feta
Tuna
2 Pickles

Dinner
Flounder a la Em, with Scallions
a few bites of Ruby's steak tips
a few bites of the tiny bit of leftovers from last night's dinner

No comments: