Thursday, January 05, 2006

Farenheit 311

So far being on Phase One is not at all hard (then can I be doing it right?) but it is quite boring. I must keep my routine fairly similar every day because left to my own devices I would veer off to a Balthazar bread orgy. Phase One is really about giving up all the things that are delicious for reasons other than they savory; like fruit. Again, it's not so much of a challenge of "can I do it?" as much as "can I stand it?"

Breakfast
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 Slices of Canadian Bacon
6 oz V-8 juice
Tea

Snack
Coffee (12 oz, half decaf)
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz Plain Yogurt, 2 Teaspoons Peanut Butter

Lunch
Grilled Chicken/Greek Salad

Dinner
Emily Chicken-Stove Sauteed
Broccoli and Celery Stir-Fry a la Emily

Amazingly I went for a walk today at Domania. At 30 or so degrees there were not a lot of takers, but God bless the one Domaniac who asked if I brought my sneakers. Not only do I have a pair of sneakers at work for just such an occasion but I recently got a pair of high Rockports for walking in cold weather. Happened to be wearing them today, and they were perfect. Though I initially fretted about breaking my hip on the icy streets (we took to the streets because the route around the river was thought to be WAY too treacherous) I relented and was so glad to be out and walking. I don't think I broke a sweat, but I'll tell you that so far it was the highlight of my week, and it was a welcome relief in a day full of business, phone calls, and the like. When I got back I ordered the pound of salad from Christos but in my effort to be super-healthy I asked for balsamic dressing but got some kind of sugary-nonsense that I poured over my salad before realizing it was not pure balsamic. I grumbled to myself and ate it anyway, sure that a little sugar never killed anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here I am after a loooooooong hiatus posting to your bloggedy bloo once again, if only for some phase one-type encouragement. I am with Barbara in that I thought you looked good before, and really really good now (but as you know I always loved my mom chubby, so.....)

I only fear that you will soon tire of the new phase one "green stir-fry."

Myself, I miss sugar (not the cat, sorry B.)

Jeez, what else? This posting is funzy. Well, completely unrelated to your diet, baby M. is actively searching out sockets now into which she can stick her finger and then look back at me.

OK - more phase one (phase FUN, I say!) tonight.