Thursday, October 18, 2007

Year 3, Day 228: Project Makes Me Go Off Leash

Emily and I were supposed to play tennis or see a movie tonight, but instead we went to "the collection" which is the new name for the Natick Mall, which is still half Natick Mall and now, half Newbury Street. Very chic. We went to the Met Bar and I ordered a hamburger with 'nearly everything' that came in the smallest, non-threatening bowl I had ever seen. I thought it was going to be this huge mass of food, but it was tiny. I wanted to order the guacamole burger with this or that change, but they don't allow changes, so I was forced to order the burger I wanted a la carte. Kind of ridiculous for a burger bar.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
1.5 Boston Lite Popcorn
1/2 Honey Crisp Apple
3 Sticks Beef Jerky

Lunch: New Ginza
Edamem
Sashimi Plate
2 x Salad

Dinner: Met Bar
2 Buffalo Shrimp (took off the fried part)
Cheese burger with chili, jalapenos, fried onions, guacamole

Dessert:
Brownie SUndae

Then we got to talking about the project behind our house and ordered a dessert- a brownie sunday- that came unassembled, just three hot brownies (a butterscotch brownie, chocolate brownie and congo bar) and a bowl of ice cream. Not much to look at it but sure tasted good. And for a few glorious moments while we were eating it-- everything was OK. Isn't that how I got to be 50 lbs overweight in the first place?

No comments: