Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Year 3, Day 213: Reese's Peanut Butter Cake


Friendly's Reese's Peanut Butter Cake (from www.junkfoodblog.com)

Imagine yourself eating a giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup weighing in at 3.75 pounds.

Now imagine the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup being made out of ice cream.

That's what this new ice cream cake from Friendly's is like.

Friendly's is a chain of restaurants throughout the Eastern USA, and are known for their ice creams and ice cream cakes.

Their new Reese's Peanut Butter Cups variety is made with two layers of Friendly's premium peanut butter ice cream separated with chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, then covered with deep, dark chocolate truffle and bordered with whipped icing.

You can pick one up at any Friendly's locations...
http://www.friendlys.com/locations/

Breakfast
Kashi
Heritage Flakes
1 Green Banana
Driscoll Strawberries
Old Blueberries
Coffee
Unsweetened Soy Milk

Lunch: Russo's ($6.25)
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
1 Honeycrisp Apple
4 sticks beef jerky
.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
1 Entire Bag of Orville Redenbacher

Dinner
Pork Cutlets
Broccoli

Did I mention I used to work at a Friendly's? It was my very first job. I quit when I had the chance to go away to my father's house in Long Island with my then-girlfriend. The manager had wanted me to work an extra shift when I wasn't scheduled to work and he told me I either had to work it or lose my job. I think I told him I would mail him back my herring-bone itchy-wool friendly's shirt they made me wear. My boss also had an 's' whistle and was joking with me in that unfunny way that only bosses have not to 'overscoop' him. He lived in fear that his young employees would violate the scooping volume/rules and run him out of business. Though Friendly's (and other ice cream shops) all over the world are filled with young employees, I don't know too many of them that go out of business from being 'overscooped.' I could be wrong, though.

No comments: