Sunday, October 14, 2007

Year 3, Day 224: Whipped Butter Makes Good Neighbors

Though the day featured a more than average number of chocolate chip cookies (3) and some french toast with syrup (3); I managed to get a workout in, though it was only 4.5 miles in 40 minutes and 50 ab crunches. I had to hurry it up because I had to squire Ruby to soccer, and there's a bit of work involved in getting on the equipment (shin guards, etc.). Glad I'm not a hockey dad.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Aquitaine Bis
Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
Caramelized Onions
A few french fries

Snack
1 Honey Crisp Apple with Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Dinner
Beef & Broccoli
Chicken & Asparagus
Salad

Dessert
2 Chocolate Chip Cookies

I learn the secret of Ruby liking multi-grain bread is whipped butter. After carefully observing her eating absolutely ANYthing in a restaurant with whipped butter on it (bread sticks, the tablecloth), I realized I should buy some, even though it is ridiculously expensive compared it to its regular counterpart, considering the only added ingredient is non-edible air. Worked like a charm, though.

No comments: