Monday, July 25, 2005

147: The Party Train Rolls to a Halt

Just a quick one tonight—the day has been filled with party leftovers in every category: spirit, food and equipment. We continued to celebrate with family, open presents, feast on leftovers and play on the bouncy-bounce and spend time relaxing under the tent. Every year the party seems longer and longer—a notion aided by the Thurs-Friday nature of Ruby and my birthdays. When they fall on Tues-Wed, it probably won't be such a big deal. We made a big deal out of it, no matter how you count it, and a great time was had by all, discounting those five minutes reserved for meltdowns by those feeling (and not feeling) their age. Today I got to play an hour of tennis against my brother in law who has pretty much been the player to beat in the family. That was great exercise, and thought I raises my metabolism, I also eat more, so it's probably an even swap. The whole thing about the birthday weekend, was that even though it was possible to stay on SoBe, it was almost possible to get an exact reading of what I ate. But here's my guess:

Breakfast (Pre tennis)
1 Slice Mastemacher bread
1 tsp peanut butter
Tea

Snack Post Tennis
6 oz yogurt with a cut-up nectarine
25 almonds
1 dragon stick
2 oz 50% lite cheddar

Lunch
Left over Chilean Sea Bass
Snowpeas
A few boneless spare ribs
6-7 oz. red cabbage

Late in the day snack
A few blueberies, 1 cherry
1/4 cup mixed, unsalted nuts
2 oz lite jalapeno cheddar
1 joy stick
1 Diet Coke

Dinner
Teriyaki Steak Tips
Broccoli and Peppadew Salad

Good grief, what a time. I certainly spent a lot of time running up and down, back and forth, sitting, standing, running, walking, inflating the bouncy-bounce and deflating it, carrying Mag from here to here. Though I'm not ready to get back to life as we know it, I'm sure ready to move on from the birthday. Thanks everyone who made it happen, made it special, or just didn't make it embarrassing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey rob. i have been reading a week at a time since i just dont check my mail that often during tennis season. speaking of which, dont you think you can brag a little bit about bringing your brother in law to a darn tie break? he is the guy to beat. he said that your footwork was so impressive and you were able to get to more balls than he ever remembers. including when you were in your tennis prime 15 years ago. hmmm. thanks for the hospitality. you were great. back on that diet for me too today. love, ajk