Sunday, July 29, 2007

Year 3, Day 147: Trip to Block Island

It was up early, get dressed, get sprayed and Ruby and I were off with David & his family to see my father and stepmother at their place on Block Island. It was a perfect day, not too hot but nice enough to go to the beach. David went to Dunkin Donuts en route and got Ruby some munchkins (at my request) and some coffee for the adults. We got to the ferry on time, got parked and got over. When we arrived safely we had lunch-- I eschewed the probably delicious fried foods or fresh lobster for a plain old greek salad with chicken. Just like my father-in-law would say, lunch is a 'biological requirement.'

Breakfast
Kashi
Flax/AMartahin
Driscoll's Strawberries
Blueberries
Soy Milk

Lunch: Block Island
Greek Salad with Chicken

Snack
Lots of Cashews & Almonds
Some 4-Bean Wasabi
1 oz Boston LIte Popcorn

Dinner
House Salad
Tuna (Black and Blue)
Zucchini

1 Bite of Coffee Ice Cream

We spent some of the day walking, but since my father's back is in crisis, we made our way to the beach. I suggest I drove us toward the beach with 'amenities' though everyone else wanted to go to the nicer, quieter, beach 'without amenities.' I didn't think the beach we went to was very crowded (by my standards) and I was glad to be there since we took advantage of their shower, their lifeguard (Ruby thought she got bitten by a jellyfish) and their ice cream stand (she actually got frozen Reese's). On the way back to the ferry, my father & s.m. took us out to eat, and perhaps egged on by her cousin, Ruby ate one entire Caesar salad all by herself. My jaw was on the floor but I stayed silent, all the way home, when at about 9:00pm, we carried her tired, drooping, half-asleep body upstairs to bed.

No comments: