Sunday, May 27, 2007

Year 3, Day 88: Sunday, Back to Normal

Slowly but surely, I am coming out of the trance and getting back to normal. I did work out today, and it was super hard, but I made it. Our friends who are Hungarian brought over some food because they knew Emily was sick. Though I told them Emily couldn't eat anything spicy, I said I was up for it. For some reason, this was not a stomach illness that left me feeling ill in the stomach. Not sure what caused it, but I know that it didn't really hurt my appetite. Just my luck.

Breakfast
Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Salad with Chicken

Post-workout Snack
6 oz Stonyfield Yogurt
Peanut butter

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Ruby

Dinner
Chicken Paprikash
Broccoli

Every once in a while I go on a kick about something, and for whatever reason, this week it's been chocolate chip cookies. It's not just that I love that chocolate chip cookies. It's that it's an activity that I can do with Ruby that teaches lots of different skills- math, science and patience. Plus, you get to eat the experiment, and unlike other kinds of cooking, no matter how they come out, they're still good. And I proved it today- these cookies were totally messed up, but Ruby and I ate the cookie dough anyway. It's sort of like I was tempting the stomach illness gods—spicy hungarian food and raw cookie dough in the same day. But I seem to be out of the woods.

No comments: