Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Year 3, Day 82 Tennis, Plus Food Poisoning

As the weather gets warmer, it becomes time for young men and their women to start thinking about getting outside and playing more tennis. For tonight's date night, Emily and I were going to play, but we always have the issue about eating. We can't eat after tennis, it would be like 8:30-9:00pm. That's a no-no (though studies have rebuked the 'myth' that eating late at night is harmful to your weight loss aims). So, we've tried going to dinner in our tennis clothes (the Met Bar, it was great, but sweaty) and eating only beforehand. Neither is great, so the real solution is to start to play at 5pm, so at 7pm you could eat at a regular dinner time. Tonight, we tried to eat at home first, with me opting for a big green salad. Oddly, no one else wanted it- everyone else there (Magnolia, Ruby, Emily and Maria) just ate the BBQ.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 Cameo Apple

Lunch: Wonton Kitchen
House Special Egg Drop Soup
Chicken & String Beans

Dinner: Blue Ribbon BBQ
Chicken Brisket & Burnt Ends
Pickles
Big Green Salad

After dinner, we played about an hour of tennis. Emily won, 7-5. I was really hoping to take her to the tie-breaker, but she outplayed me, and partially psyched me out by her constantly noting the two people on the next court who, in her opinion, SHOULD have played on court #3 instead of #2 so there would be an empty court between us. She was really mad about that. When I got home, I knew I didn't feel well, but I wasn't sure why. At 1AM I was heading downstairs for the rolaids. At 4AM I was surrounded by five firemen in my living room.

No comments: