Saturday, May 26, 2007

Year 3, Day 87: And Memorial Day Weekend is Off to A Fine Start

Though I was up again for an hour in the middle of the night, I actually slept until 9AM (!) and felt pretty good about it. Ruby and I went downstairs as usual but Emily had apparently come down with whatever I had, rendering useless the argument we ALWAYS have following an 'incident' as to whether or not it was the result of a virus or food poisoning. As she lay in bed all day I realized my recuperation period was over. The kids and I set out for the family gym and then back home for lunch. When we returned and got Magnolia down it was time for errands and then Ruby had a birthday party in Natick. We got back, had some kind of dinner, baths and bed. All in all, pretty uneventful for missing an entire parent.

Breakfast
Cheerios & Heritage Flakes
1 Banana
1/2 cup Blueberries
Soy Milk
Tea

Snacks
1 Banana
10 Saltines with Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Diet Coke
Handfuls of Almonds & Cashews

Lunch
White Meat Chicken
Pickles
Broccoli

Dinner
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
4 Scrambled Eggs

Aside from my nut frenzy in the afternoon, I managed to skip all the day's temptations including pizza, ice cream and cake at the birthday party, and then any kind of dessert or liquor at home.

No comments: