Sunday, May 13, 2007

Year 3, Day 74: Three Hours of Tennis

Well I'm not sure it's as good a workout as 90 minutes in the gym, since there is a lot of time spent at rest, but Emily's sister and I played three hours of tennis today. She won, 2 sets to 1, 7-5, 4-6, 6-3. It was great to be out on the court but my arm has not completely gotten back to normal since last year and as a result I can't really serve. Serving is where lots of free points come from so I feel that being scrappy enough to take one set says a lot. Though since my change of life I have been able to cover a lot more of the court, that isn't the whole story. You have to be able to get to the ball AND hit it back correctly; that was a problem today.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Fritata with last night's vegetables
Big Green Salad with Chicken

Snack
6 oz plain yogurt
3-4 tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1 oz Cashews/Almonds

Dinner
A few bites of sesame noodles from the NYT times that I cannot make properly for some reason.
Broiled breast of chicken
Asparagus
Another BIg Salad with Feta, Balsamic

I desperately need a new tennis racquet. I am on the hunt, and will report back when I get one. I suppose that playing with a different grip might help me a lot.

No comments: