Saturday, December 23, 2006

Year 2, Day 295: Christmakah

Today is the last night of Chanukah and the night before the night before Christmas. It's kind of a weird time because there's a lot going on but simultaneously no one's anywhere and everything is cancelled, suspended or closed. I count among my blessings the fact that my kids were fighting over a bowl of Kashi Go Lean! last night. I harken back to a time when I worried that they would eat a lot of junk and I would be helpless to stop it. Now I realize that if Emily and I model good eating behavior and don't bring a lot a garbage in the house, they'll have to do like other kids—eat their junk at school and at their friend's houses. That's what I did, anyway.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar (in new package)
Almonds & Cashews
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
Coke Zero

Lunch
Brisket from Blue Ribbon
Romaine & Cabbage, Feta, Balsamic Vinegar
2 Shrimp

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Cauliflower
Avocado Salad

It's funny that I have had Blue Ribbon in nearly every post this week because recently Jill had told me that she though I must eat there once a week and I told her that it was more like once a month or even less. But it also goes in cycles. Sometimes the kids love it; sometimes they turn their noses up at it. You never know until you bring home the extra-large bucket of ribs which way it's going to go. That's why we got a chest freezer.

1 comment:

Mom said...

New York has Balthazar and you have Blue Ribbon. That's how things go. How about a chicken caesar? But I guess ribs are okay too. Love, MOM