Saturday, December 02, 2006

Year 2, Day 274: Saturday After the End

Up early this AM, trying to get back on the so-called horse. Not that easy since I ended the day with more chocolate squares, a sign of two things for certain—one: I am not in control of myself and two: I need to remove the chocolate from my house in alternate manner beside eating it. Whenever I sense I'm teetering, I go back to the turkey bacon. It has a grounding effect on me. It reminds me of who I am, and what I'm doing. It's sometimes easy to lose track of that over a few mistakes, that turn into a few meals, that turn into a few days, that turn into the wreck of your diet plan.

Breakfast
3 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 Soft-Boiled Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Coffee

Lunch:
Turkey
Salad (Celery, Peppers, Romaine, Feta, Balsamic)

Snack
Popcorn

Dinner
Turkey Crumble
Lettuce Leaves

Dessert
4 Squares of Green & Black Espresso Dark Chocolate Bar

I know a lot of people have a relationship with the Food Network TV channel, and I am no different. I started watching it back in the 90s before Emeril had gone live. I am not a big fan of celebrity chefs, but I do LOVE a show called "Unwrapped," even though it could be a lot better than it is. The holiday episode I was watching recently detailed the Swiss Colony's offering of a Yule Log " They describe it as "Moist chocolate cake...layered with both smooth butter creme and velvety-rich chocolate fudge filling...rolled up and iced by hand with chocolate icing." What they should really say is that it's a very expensive YODEL. They sell thousands and thousands of them every year, and they have to actually start during the summer to make sure they have enough in stock. I was really shaking my head over that one. I went on the site to look around and found that the successful sales the Yule Log has driven them to expand their 'log' product line, starting with the horrifying "Seafood Cheese Log" and possibly even worse "Sugar Free Pumpkin Log."

No comments: