Thursday, December 07, 2006

Year 2, Day 279: Magnolia Threw Up

Throwing up is never fun, though it is sometimes good and good for you. Don't worry, I'm not bulimic, it's just that Magnolia had thrown up this morning when I went to get her. Very unsettling. I immediately got her into the tub with bubbles and eventually she ate a banana and we got on with her morning. I don't think she was sick or anything; it was probably just too much food eaten yesterday—maybe one too many bites of pork. Anyway, we took it easy on her today and I trust she'll be back to normal soon. But there's nothing like cleaning up someone else's food (even if it is your progeny) to make you lose your appetite. And I mean all day. That's not to say I didn't eat—but there were very few hunger pangs.

Breakfast
2 Soft Boiled Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Coffee

Snack
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch
Peter's Kitchen
Chicken Kebab Salad

Dinner:
A little bit of chicken thigh
Salad with Tuna and Feta

We did go for a walk today. I thought that would help clear my head and stomach from the thought of vomit. And it did. Then it was a seven pound salad for lunch. Amazingly, for the second night in the row, I have had the same thing for dinner as I have had for lunch. I can have salad for lunch and dinner now, even in winter. I like salad. I depend on salad. I'm not sure what I would do without salad. It's amazing that at one time a chief rationalization for not going on a diet was that "I couldn't eat that much salad." It's true. I think I actually said that out loud. An old friend of mine and Emily's was in town recently and was reliving a conversation where she suggested I work out in the gym and I scoffed. "I'm proud of my scoffing," I said. "It was who I was." It's true. I couldn't have gone to the gym back then, because I was too ignorant and afraid. Plus I didn't care about myself. Sure glad that period of my life is over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me too. I'm glad that part of your life has gone by. I'm so proud of your caring about yourself. It's just great! Sorry to hear that Magnolia started out the morning as she did. This I guess is what parenting is all about. Love, MOM