Thursday, December 28, 2006

Year 2, Day 300: Another Landmark

Well Day 300 in year one was the day before Christmas and Emily and I were heading down to New York. The second Day 300 (is that day 665?) finds me in somewhat better shape, though worse humor. This has been a snow-deficited season and it's a bit taxing. It's one of those 'be careful of what you wish for' things. There is a lot of work to do in the new year, specifically two VERY BIG projects at work that I am in charge of and I'm concerned that I will be consumed by, but worse that I won't do it as well as I want to. Then I have several personal projects in the works at the same time, one being my nephew's bar mitzvah that's coming up in a week. There is also a lot of political stuff at work that's making me dread going back to it a bit, so I'm hoping that I can get rid of whatever sinus infection I have, play poker tomorrow, enjoy my last bit of vacation, celebrate the new year and get on with 2007.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Ikea Muesli
A Small Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
Ham Pieces

Lunch: BIll's
Greek Salad with Chicken and Feta and Balsamic
Cheese off a Ruby's Pizza

Dinner:
Steak
Broccoli

Having a cold is likely to strip you of your appetite, but I find that this has not necessarily been the case. I still respond to food and still want to eat lots of it all the time. This can be contrary to my goals and when even a sickness that robs you of your ability to taste things doesn't stop you, there isn't much hope. After my salad I still found it easy to finish the cheese topping off of Ruby's cheese. And in a 'acorn-doesn't-fall-far-from-the-tree' moment, Ruby abandoned her pizza so as to finish off her friend's pasta with butter that SHE couldn't finish.

1 comment:

Mom said...

And so the world goes round. I hope you finish all your projects swimmingly....and that 2007 is the best year ever! Love, MOM