Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Year 2, Day 277—Restraint Finally Shown at Chinese Rest.

Yesterday a co-worker insisted I try eggs from Marino's Lookout Farm in Natick, MA. Of course those who are long-time readers of this blog know that eggs play a large part in my oeuvre. So I tried them. To his credit, they were just as advertised, creamy and delicious, and by far better softer and tastier than other eggs I have eaten recently. So now I am going to have to go to Owen's (a nearby poultry farm) to see if their eggs are any better. I will not back down from a challenge.

Breakfast
2 Soft-Boiled Eggs from Marino Farms
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Snack
Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee
4 Pieces of Beef Jerky
1 Extra Smokey

Lunch: Chan Shin Wan
Hot and Sour Soup
Moo Shi Pork
Chun King Chicken

Dinner
Cabbage & Avacado Salad
Chicken a la Emily
A few bites of hamburger
Broccoli
Asparagus

For the first time in...well, ever I left a Chinese Restaurant without cleaning my plate. It took all the will power I had but I managed to leave without that last mooshi pancake and without the last few bites of Chun King pork that were rightfully and deliciously mine. I didn't want to leave them, but I knew that I was full and that eating any more was just silly and a waste.

No comments: