Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Year 2, Day 284: Robert Gets Sick

I suppose it was inevitable that I get this stomach virus that's going around. And here I thought I wasn't going to get it because Magnolia, Emily and Ruby had gotten it and I was taking care of all of them and not having a problem. Not so fast, Smith. I had a bad night last night and this morning went to work but after a few hours realized I couldn't hack it and went home.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multigrain bread
Coffee

Lunch
6 oz Vanilla Yogurt

Other:
7 Kedem Tea Cookies
Tea with honey

Dinner
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 Slice Multigrain bread

Is it sick to wonder if you will lose weight when having a stomach illness? I really was just thinking that it's hard to nurse yourself back to health on starchy foods and stay on your diet. The truth is that some of the Whole Foods offerings are not all that appetizing to an unsettled stomach. I made an exception today and had Vanilla yogurt, with its high sugar and carbohydrate count. It was about the most SoBe friendly thing I could stomach that wasn't made of flour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Yes stomach viruses and diets are almost completely incompatible. It was inevitable that you would get sick. Brenda my trainer came last week sick...she should not have been among us and certainly should have spared her clients. So yesterday I started feeling like a virus was coming on. I had promised to have dinner with Mark tonight ..a belated Chanukah celebration...but I couldn't go because I felt lousy. Would you believe he brought over some home made chicken soup and baked apple for me! Now that's class. Love, MOM