Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Year 2, Day 291: All is Nothing

Today I had an old favorite for breakfast. Ham on multi-grain bread. While this is a very easy breakfast, I also find it rather unsatisfying. Today, I was driven to despair (and also, nuts) by a collision of things at work, and at home. I ate nuts like I was at a poker game. It was not pretty. The spiral of despair-to-nuts-to despair-back to nuts is infuriating. Am I to be captured in the web so easily? Answer: Yes.

Breakfast
5 slices Ham
1 SLice MultiGrain (Balthazar)

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
40 Pistachios
40 Almonds
3 Pieces Beef Jerky
1/2 Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Russo's ($5.17)
Red leaf, red onion, red pepper, broccoli, feta,
mushrooms, chicken breast, balsamic vinegar

Dinner: Turkey Crumble
Lettuce Leaves

Chocolate Turtle

Don't ask about the chocolate turtle. It came as part of a gift basket from a vendor we do business with. Fortunately, there were not many of them.

Crumble is back. After an awful episode where I nearly spilled the contents of a soy-sauce bottle into the turkey crumble while I was making it, then thought I could save it AND serve it, I returned to glory today with a humble, but excellent version of this timeless classic. Since I only have a few dishes that I can turn out reasonably well, I was worried that I might have lost my touch. No need to worry, I'm back.

No comments: