Monday, June 05, 2006

Year 2, Day 98: Detecto Says 184

Mondays can be tough when there's a weigh-in. I don't think about it, but when you get on that scale and the number is bad, it can really set your day off wrong. Fortunately, today was good and the number was 184 (though I'm sure Donna would have said 183). So that's good news out there, the needle still moving the right way.

Breakfast
4 Slices of Ham
1 Slice Balthazar Bread MultiGrain
Tea

Snack
6 Sticks Celery, 2 Tblspns SC Peanut Butter
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
10 (1 oz) Tostitos Multi-Grain Chips

Lunch: Sushi 21 Bento Box
Chicken Teriyaki
Seaweed Salad
Pickled Ginger
Two Shumai
Green Tea

Dinner
Emily's Turkey-Cabbage Wraps
Green Beans

Having improperly packed my snacks today, I had to improvise with the celery-snack in the AM, and then popcorn in the PM. However, the half-ounce bags of popcorn just don't do it, so I went to the store 24 to get another bag, but they didn't have it (they are extremely unreliable, even if they are open 24 hours in a row). I noted the new Multi-Grain Tostitos and I had to, literally, bite. I figured it was my celebratory act of the day. In fact, they aren't much better or worse than the Whole Foods brand of chip, except naturally they contain more sugar.

There is sad news, though. Dr. Parent is moving to Norwood, presenting me with a conflict—do I keep the office that's so close to me, or do I move with Dr. who is responsible for my new healthy life? Decisions, Decisions...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Where is Norwood? How far away is it. I'm all for doctor loyalty if it is at all feasable. But I'm not without a certain prejudice....It may feel slow but it's certainly going in the right direction. Good work! Love, MOM