Saturday, June 10, 2006

Year 2, Day 103: A Day in Great Neck

Torrential rain made it slow going on the way home and we didn't get home till Midnight. If you take frequent three-plus hour car trips, you'll know that often it's hard to unwind and get right into bed, no matter what time it is. I had a hard time getting to bed, and that mean not a great night of sleep. My mother had the fridge full of all my favorite SoBe foods (a big plus of her blog fandom, she knows exactly what to get), but I figured we better finish the steak.

Breakfast
Leftover Corn-Fed Steak
Eggs
Coffee

Lunch
Mesclun Greens
Feta Cheese
Grilled Chicken
Grape Tomatoes

Snack
3 Celery Sticks with Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter

Dinner: Sashimi
Edamame
Seaweed Salad
House Salad
Lobster Moto
Sashimi: Tuna, Yellow Tail, Salmon, Spicy Tuna, Unagi
Sake

The big meals continue as we ate out for both lunch and dinner. Lunch was very respectful salad, and one of the best non-russo's salads I've had. We went to a place called Bruce's, a bakery that puts the best, freshest donut at Dunkin Donuts to shame, and then some. As a token of appreciation, a nod to the terrible American diet, they sit you down with a bowl of baked goods, ranging from muffins and brownies to onion rolls. Like many diner-type establishments in New York, they have a 10 page menu, and the list of salads was so long that trying to find the one I wanted took me quite a while. That night we went to a new sushi restaurant. I didn't have rice, but I did have Sake (which is like rice-beer). I did throw caution to the wind a bit, but when in Rome...

1 comment:

Mom said...

I only wish the dinner had been better and the saki. Oh well. Kama will return soon I hope. Great to see you and to see how you are staying with your Change of Life Program. You look great! Love, MOM